C-TEC 12V 2A Encased Switch Mode PSU to EN54-4/A2 Part No. BF560-12/E
- A powerful switch mode/digital hybrid PSU that can be customised to suit your exact requirements – see More Information tab for details.
- Plastic cover on PSU PCB guards against touching live parts (to VDE 0100-410).
- Includes the same electronics as our BF560-12 LPCB certified EN54-4/A2 boxed 12V 2A PSU.
- Metal base plate facilitates straightforward mounting inside third-party OEM enclosures.
- Includes a single-pole voltfree changeover relay that switches for any fault condition.
- Includes a fault type & hazardous voltages present LED.
- Two selectable battery charge currents.
- Battery fault impedance limits can be optimised to suit load current (helps extend battery life)*.
- Mains fail simulation mode.
- Improved on-board temperature sensor with optional remote sensor.
- Electronic functions comply with EN50131-6 grades 1-4 for security applications.
EN50131-6 (POWER SUPPLIES FOR INTRUSION & HOLD UP ALARMS) CAPABILITY
The BF560-12/E has all the electrical functions required to comply with EN50131-6 Grade 4 (which includes Grades 3, 2 and 1). OEM security companies interested in utilising the BF560-12/E inside their own EN50131-6 compliant tamper-resistant enclosures should contact our marketing department for further details on costs and approvals.
The BF560-12/E can be customised to suit your exact requirements using a BF423 configurator & PC. Configurable parameters include float voltage temperature compensation, battery charge rate (mA), battery impedance and configurable Input/Output settings
PSU STATUS LED (located on the PSU PCB)
1 flash = Mains Failure.
2 flashes = Battery Voltage Low.
3 flashes = Battery Voltage Critical.
4 flashes = Charger Failure.
5 flashes = Charger OK (Battery is either actively charging, or in float charge).
6 flashes = No Batteries Fitted (indicating DIP Switch 4 position).
7 flashes = Battery Resistance Fault (Level set by DIP Switch 2 position).
8 flashes = Output Over Voltage.
BATTERY FAULT MONITORING
The BF560-12/E monitors battery resistance to the requirements of EN54-4/A2. The fault threshold is directly related to the ability of the battery to deliver the rated current to the load. For example, batteries stored uncharged for long periods, during shipment and/or distribution, degrade leading to increased internal resistance. If a degraded battery is fitted, a fault will be shown by the PSU as mandated by EN54-4/A2.
Data on the BF560-12/E’s status can be extracted from the PSU’s bi-directional data port. The data available includes thermistor measurements; battery terminal voltage; system voltage at load terminals; battery charge current; load current; battery impedance and ASCII text string status messages. Extracting this data requires additional equipment and permissions – contact C-TEC for details.